Hello everyone, today I have another product (and a great one) review. In this post I am going to share with you my thought on Soapbox Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner.



First here is a little background about the relationship I have with my hair. My hair is thick, straight, BLACK, no dyes, Filipino hair. My go-to hair do is the messy bun (and probably not the pretty hot mess bun). Because my hair is so black, dandruff is an issue for me. I wouldn’t say it’s a major issue but the smallest flake of dandruff is extremely noticeable. I rely about 80% of the time on Head and Shoulders shampoo and conditioner, while the remaining 20% is trying to use something different. Any time I have used another brand, I quickly feel the yucky build up in my hair and scalp which causes more dandruff. I admit, because of my issues with finding a shampoo and conditioner that cleaned my hair, won’t irritate my scalp, but smelt good, I was a little skeptical if I would actually like Soapbox hair care products.

soapbox stands for something

Soapbox Soaps is a company that gives back. With every product sold, a bar of soap is donated to a person in need here in the US and abroad! Their products even include a special Hope Code for you to look up what your purchase will support.

Soapbox Soaps offers a verity of products ranging from hand soap, body washes, hair care, and bar soaps. Their products are never tested on animals, paraben FREE, and use naturally derived ingredients.  You can learn more about Soapbox Soaps on their website here.

My first thoughts on the shampoo and conditioner.


At first glance, the packaging looks very nice. The bottles are simple but attractive. I love how the caps are different colors, making it very easy to distinguish which bottle you are grabbing. I can’t tell you how many times I have accidentally grabbed the wrong hair care product in the shower…lol… that’s mommy brain for you I guess.

The consistency of the shampoo at first seemed very comparable to basic antibacterial hand soap. It doesn’t look like a luxurious shampoo. I can see why at first this may come across as “cheap” looking but I personally feel like it shows that it’s a more natural and probably way better hair care product. It does give an excellent lather though!

Soapbox shampoo

The tea tree smell is heavenly! It smells so good. I have tried other tea tree shampoos or products that sometimes comes across a little too menthol/ astringent potent smelling for me. Soapbox tea tree shampoo and conditioner, however, has a very pleasant tea tree smell. I have even had a couple people comment about how good my hair smelt.

After the first use, I did feel an instant clean. I didn’t feel any build up and it left my hair feeling airy, healthy, but yet very silky.

Final thoughts:

Soapbox hair

I love this shampoo and conditioner. I have been using it for a couple weeks now and my hair and scalp feel amazing. I haven’t had any issues with scalp irritation or dandruff, which by now I usually start experiencing issues. My husband is an auto mechanic and will get literally grease and dirt in his hair, even he likes it and thinks it gives a good clean. He has coarse, curly hair and I have noticed a big difference in his hair as well. We agreed that we would like to continue using this shampoo and conditioner. I look forward to trying some of Soapbox other products.


  • $$ affordable – the shampoo and conditioner is only 6.99 each
  • smells amazing
  • no dandruff/ irritation
  • great for curls and straight hair

If you are interested in trying Soapbox out you can use my discount code for 10%