Saint Gianna’s feast day is coming up on April 28th and I am sharing with you several ideas for celebrating Saint Gianna Molla’s feast day.
Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you!
Quick and interesting Facts:
- Gianna Molla was a doctor, specializing in pediatrics
- Gianna was a member of the St. Vincent de Paul Society
- She married Pietro Molla in 1955. She found great joy in her vocation of marriage.
- Gianna and Pietro had four children; Pierluigi, Maria Zita, Laura, and Gianna Emanuela
- While pregnant with Gianna Emanuela, it was discovered that she had a fibroma in her uterus.
- Despite the doctors advising her to have an abortion, Gianna insisted on saving her baby.
- A week after her baby was born, Gianna passed away from septic peritonitis.
- Gianna Emmanuella Molla grew up became a doctor just like her mother
Be living witnesses of the greatness and beauty of Christianity.St. Gianna Molla
Saint Gianna Molla Feast Day Activities
ST. GIANNA COLORING PAGES
FOOD FOR ST. GIANNA’S FEAST DAY
Saint Gianna was Italian so serve your family’s favorite Italian dish! We will be having spaghetti and meatballs. Catholic Cuisine has a delicious chocolate covered cannoli dessert recipe for St. Gianna Molla’s feast day.
SAINT GIANNA FAMILY MEDICINE: pretend doctor
Since St. Gianna was a doctor, play pretend doctor! I have a St. Gianna Family Medicine printable doctor pack free for your little ones to use. This 4 page printable includes: sign in sheet, patient form, doctor page, and a prescription sheet.
Here are a couple of highly rated doctor sets
“The secret of happiness is to live moment by moment and to thank God for all that He, in His goodness, sends to us day after day”.St. Gianna
BOOKS TO READ ON SAINT GIANNA MOLLA’S FEAST DAY
- Saint Gianna Beretta Molla (Encounter the Saints)
- Gianna Beretta Molla: Wife, Mother and Doctor (Saints and Me!)
- Girl Saints for Little Ones
- Loyola Kids Book of Saints
- Saint Gianna Molla: Wife, Mother, Doctor – by Pietro Molla
- Journey of Our Love – by Gianna Boretta & Pietro Molla (this book is the love letters between Gianna and Pietro. It is such a beautiful example)
- Saint Gianna Her Life of Joy and Heroic Sacrifice
Love and sacrifice are closely linked, like the sun and the light. We cannot love without suffering and we cannot suffer without love.
SAINT GIANNA MOLLA PRAYER CARD
A few years ago, someone from the Society of Saint Gianna Molla met with my local Catholic Homeschooling group. The person gave us a wonderful presentation on St. Gianna. This was the first time I got to learn about this amazing woman. During this presentation, I had the privilege of touching the glove of St. Gianna. I was also given a prayer card that also touched the glove, making it into a third-class relic. I have personally witnessed the miracles that have transpired from those who have been in contact with Saint Gianna’s glove.
Saint Gianna Molla Pray for Us!