Today I am sharing with you ideas on how you can celebrate Our Lady of Fatima feast day.
We are coming up on Our Lady of Fatima’s feast day, May 13th, and I have compiled several ideas on how you can celebrate. I also have a couple of free printables in honor of Our Lady of Fatima!
Quick Facts About Our Lady of Fatima
- May 13th, 1917, The Blessed Mary appeared to three peasant children. Francisco, Jacinta, Lucia. Mother Mary continued to appear on the thirteenth day of each month from May to October.
- She was dressed in all white with
- An angel appeared to them before Mary.
- She gave the children a vision of Hell and asked for them to pray the rosary for the conversion of sinners
- One of the requests of Our Mother was for a church to be built at the place she came. Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary is what was built
- The remains of Blessed Jacinta, Sister Lucia, and Blessed Francisco are resting at the Basilica
- 70,000 people came to see “the miracle of the sun”
- On October 13, 1917, the sun changed colors while swirling in the sky.
- This apparition was approved by the Church in 1930
Make of everything you can a sacrifice, and offer it to God as an act of reparation for the sins by which He is offended, and in supplication for the conversion of sinners.Angel of Peace
Our Lady of Fatima Coloring Pages
Here are two Our Lady of Fatima coloring books:
Food Ideas for Celebrating Our Lady of Fatima’s feast day
- Sun cupcakes or cake – symbolizing the Miracle of the Sun
- Portuguese orange cake
Ideas for Our Lady of Fatima Tea Time
Celebrate Our Lady of Fatima’s feast day by have a special tea time!
- Mary banner – Be a Heart has the cutest banner with Our Lady of Fatima on it!
- White with gold trim plates would be great since Our Lady of Fatima was dressed in white with gold accents
- Marian inspired tea set – this would be great for any Marian feast day
- serve the special treats listed above!
Our Lady of Fatima Activities and Crafts
Miracle of the Sun catcher craft is an easy, fun craft that my kids loved making for Our Lady of Fatima’s feast day. Make multi-colored (just like the sun was during the Miracle of the sun) sun catchers. Instructions and template for this craft is available in the printable library.
Check out the Miracle of the Sun catcher craft tutorial!
Rosary crafts would be great for celebrating the feast of Our Lady of Fatima. Here are some rosary craft ideas
- Make an outdoor rosary with painted rocks.
- Make rosaries. Amazon has these rosary kits.
Our Lady of Fatima Products To Buy
BOOKS TO READ ALOUD ON THE FEAST DAY OF OUR LADY OF FATIMA
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Our Lady of Fatima: St. Joseph Picture Book
- Our Lady of Fatima: The Graphic Novel
- Mary and the Little Shepherds of Fatima
- Our Lady’s Message to Three Shepherd Children and the World
- The Children Of Fatima
- Our Lady Came to Fatima
- Miraculous!: Catholic Mysteries for Kids
- The Miracle Of Our Lady Of Fatima
- The Day the Sun Danced: The True Story Of Fatima (available free on youtube)
“pray the Rosary every day, in order to obtain peace for the world and the end of the war.”Our Lady of Fatima
Our Lady of Fatima Printables
These free Our Lady of Fatima prints are great for displaying! The first is a quote from Our Lady of Fatima and the second is a prayer from the Angel of Peace. You can find both in the printable library.
FREE Our Lady of Fatima Prayer card
I hope you find this post helpful for celebrating Our Lady of Fatima’s feast day! We’re looking forward to some yummy orange cake, watching The Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima, and making suncatchers.
Stay in touch and follow me on Instagram to see our feast day ideas in action!