It’s First Communion season! Need gift ideas for First Communion? I have compiled a huge list of ideas that will make great gifts for First Communion.
***Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Kateri is about to celebrate her first holy communion this May. I cannot believe it’s only one month away already!! Being able to receive your first communion is such an exciting milestone. Here are some traditional and unique gift ideas for both boys and girls. These gifts are sure to help make their First Holy Communion a memorable day.
First Communion Gift Ideas For Everyone
Both, boys and girls, will love these gifts. These are Catholic products that would make excellent gifts for any special occasion, especially First Holy Communion.
- Wall crucifix for their room – our kids have this one in their rooms
- Saint Charms
- Last Supper Lego Kit
- Mass Lego Kit
- Saint Cards
- Holy Water font
- Prayer Pillowcases
- Saint Medal/Charms – we are getting a St Kateri locket for Kateri!
Catholic subscription boxes
Subscription boxes would make for a great gift. What kid doesn’t love getting mail, especially with fun activities/ items in it?! Here are some highly-rated Catholic kid subscription services.
- The Mass Box
- Catholic Family Crate
- Saint in a Box
- Saint of the Month – you can read my review about them here or unboxing video
Books for First Communion
We LOVE books. I feel like books are such a great way to instill truth, goodness, and beauty into one’s soul. Here are some excellent books about the Blessed Sacrament that make for great First Communion gifts.
- Heavenly Hosts: Eucharistic Miracles for Kids
- The Night Before My First Communion – by Natasha Wing
- The Weight of a Mass: A Tale of Faith by Josephine Nobisso
- Jesus Speaks To Me on My First Holy Communion
- The Mass Explained to Children by Maria Montessori
- Receiving Jesus for Little Ones by Kimberly Fries
- Missal –
- Sunday Missal for Children – Living with Christ **my kids really enjoy these ones
- St Joseph Children’s Missal
- Missal for Children from Magnificat
- The Catholic Bible for Children is one of our favorites
- My First Communion Bible has beautiful illustrations and it’s specifically meant for first communicates
First Communion Gifts for Girls
- These mantillas are veils that my girls really like
- Veils by Lily is where I ordered Genevieve’s veil for her First Communion
- Lisieux Nail Polish
- Girl Saints for Little Ones by Kimberly Fries
- Saints for Girls Sticker Book
- Mary doll – Be A Heart **my girls absolutely love these cute little Mary dolls!
- First Communion dress for 18″ dolls
- This adorable “Bread of Life” shirt
- First Communion Gift Set w/ Purse, Missal, Rosary and Pouch, Scapular, Chalice Pin
- First Communion Gift Set: w/ Mass Book, Scapular, Rosary, Lapel Pin, and Wallet
First Communion Gifts for Boys
- God is My Guide compass
- DIY Wooden Mass Kit
- Boy Saints for Little Ones by Kimberly Fries
- Saints for Boys Sticker Book
- Chalice tie clip
- Bread of Life shirt for boys
- a personalized compass
- First Communion Gift Set w/ Rosary, Rosary Box, Cross Lapel Pin, Scapular, and First Communion Book
- First Communion Gift Set w/ mass book, rosary, scapular, holy card, bookmark, lapel pin, and candle
FREE FIRST COMMUNION PRAYER CARD
Enjoy this free printable First Communion prayer card. Use it as a tag for the gift you are using or as a party favor!
I hope this helps those who are in search of that special gift for your child. Receiving Jesus for the first time is such a momentous occasion. May God bless all those who are receiving Him for the first time!
“When you approach the tabernacle remember that he has been waiting for you for twenty centuries.”–St. Josemaria Escriva
DON’T FORGET TO PIN AND SHARE THIS POST!
Comment below with what your favorite gifts are for the First Holy Communion.
Leave a Reply