Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati’s feast day is right around the corner on July 4th! Here are a few easy and simple ways you and your family can celebrate Blessed Pier Giorgio, also known as the man of the beatitudes.
- Born April 6, 1901, in Turin, Italy.
- He attended the Royal Polytechnic University of Turin to pursue mining engineering
- Pier was a member of various Catholic organizations such as Marian Sodality and the Apostleship of Prayer, St. Vincent de Paul Society, Catholic Student Foundation, Catholic Action, and a third-order Dominican
- helped organize the first stage of Pax Romana (an international lay Catholic movement)
- Loved mountain climbing, theater, opera, visiting museums, art, and music
- He was very open about his political views and would even get in physical fights in defense of the faith
- Pier passed away at the age of 24 after contracting poliomyelitis
- His body is incorrupt
- called Man of Eight Beatitudes by Pope John Paul II
BLESSED PIER GIORGIO FEAST DAY ACTIVTIES
Blessed Pier Giorgio Coloring Page
My kids truly enjoyed these coloring pages. They have been really into watercolor painting and were excited to try some simple watercolor techniques. This Blessed Pier Giorgio quote coloring page is available in the printable library!
Blessed Pier Giorgio Feast Day Food
Since Bl. Pier Giorgio’s feast day falls on the fourth of July and we will be busy, we will be making simple Mountain rice crispy treats. She Knows has a very simple mountain rice cripsy treat recipe that we will be trying. These will also be great treats to share if you plan on going out on July 4th!
Another idea: Have a little Blessed Pier Giorgio tea time and eat your mountain rice crispy treats while listening to some classical music and art. Blessed Pier Giorgio was a huge fan of the arts.
Jesus is with me. I have nothing to fear.Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati
Bl. Pier Giorgio Printable Quote
Mountain Climbing or Hiking
If you are feeling very adventurous, go mountain climbing! Blessed Pier was a huge enthusiast of mountain climbing. Our family is not conditioned to do any actual mountain climbing but we will be visiting our local state park for a mini hike.
Foolish is he who follows the pleasures of this world, because these are always fleeting and bring much pain. The only true pleasure is that which comes to us through faith.Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati
Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati Prayer Card
Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati definitely seems like a saint for our times. I have always been very drawn to this holy man and am so thrilled to be celebrating his feast day this year.
Be sure to check out my other July feast day posts.