These carrot cookies are so yummy and super simple to make. It’s like oatmeal cookies had a baby with carrot cake. This is personally one of my favorite cookie recipes of all time!
These carrot cookies are perfect for Easter/Springtime but you can enjoy these anytime of the year. I am so glad we found this carrot cake recipe from Crunchy Creamy Sweet. They are so soft, chewy, and just plain heavenly.
Rolled oats: it is best to use old fashion oats not quick
Flour: all-purpose flour
Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and salt
Leavening: baking powder and baking soda
Butter: the original recipe calls for unsalted but we used salt
Sugar: Both granulated white sugar and brown sugar are used
These carrot cookies are so easy and simple to make.
Whisk the dry ingredients together. Add the flour, ground oats, all of the spices, baking soda, and baking powder to a bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix the butter, and sugar together.
Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and whisk together.
Fold in carrots until just incorporated.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
For at least 2 hours or overnight, refrigerate the dough.
Make dough balls and place 2” apart on a baking sheet
In a preheated oven of 350, bake for 12-14 minutes. The original recipe says 8-10 minutes but mine takes more time because I like to make bigger size cookies.
Tips for making Carrot Cookies
- Use a cookie scoop for making the balls. I prefer a 2” size.
- Grate carrots using the fine, smallest holes on your grater.
- DO NOT USE PRE-CUT MATCHSTICK CARROTS
- You can add in coconut flakes, nuts, raisins, or all three!
- The Crunchy Creamy Sweet recipe also says you can bake these in an 8×8 pan to make cookie bars (I need to totally try this!!)
- Use this recipe to make carrot cookie sandwiches using a cream filling
- Add cream cheese frosting.
The Best Simple Carrot Cookies
These carrot cookies are soft, chewy, and so delicious! This recipe was created by Anna from crunchycreamysweet.com
- 1.5 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted salted butter that has slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- In a large bowl, mix old-fashioned oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt
- In another bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar
- Then add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk together
- Fold in shredded carrots just until well incorporated and without over mixing
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Cover cookie dough and refrigerate for at least 2.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using a 2" cookie scoop, place dough balls 2" apart onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes.
Peel carrots first and use the fine/small hole side of your grater for shredding the carrots.
It's best to let the carrot cookie dough refrigerate for at least 2 hours but you can let it chill overnight. They make for a really yummy breakfast and are best served fresh out of the oven.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 165mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
Leave a Reply