This year Beaver will be Level 1A/ yr 2 (3rd grade), Raccoon is now Level 1B (1st grade), and Hedgehog is prep level. We will continue to use Mater Amabilis as a guideline while supplementing to fit our needs. Here are our curriculum choices for this year.
Beaver – Level 1/yr 2 (3rd grade)
Religion (N) **(N) = narration
- Faith and Life: Grade 3
- Catholic Tales for boys and girls by Leslie Silk Eslinger
- A Life of Our Lord for Children by Marigold Hunt
- Faith and Freedom readers
- Grammar (3x a week)
- First Language Lessons level 2 (finishing up from last year)
- First Language Lessons level 3
- Writing: IEW
- Spelling: Spelling City with Seton Spelling
- Handwriting: D’Nealian Cursive 3rd grade by Scott Foresman
- Copywork & Dictation
- Classic Myths to Read Aloud (N)
- children’s classics
- Andrew Lang fairy book (N)
Raccoon – Level 1b (1st grade)
- First Language Lessons level 1
- Aesop for Children
- Children classic
- Blue fairy book
Hedgehog – Preplevel
Although Hedgehog is considered preschool, I don’t start any formal schooling until the age 6. I have handwriting printables and a couple cheap workbooks to keep her busy when she wants “school work” but as of now I just do a lot of reading with her. She doesn’t seem too interested in school yet so I’m not pushing anything right now. In a couple months, after she turns five, I am thinking about starting Along the Alphabet Path from Elizabeth Foss with her and Raccoon.
Things we are doing as a family
- Story of Civilization: Ancient World
- Catholic faith comes to the Americas (Seton history 3)
Habit/ Character training/ Virtues
- Bible (New Catholic Picture Bible or the Catholic Bible for Children)
- Illustrated lives of the Saints *with map work
We have from Simply Charlotte Mason Journaling a Year in Nature that we take with us on nature walks. We love going to a nearby state park for the majority of our nature walks.
These are our curriculum choices for this year. I am very hopeful and excited to see where our journey in home educating my children goes. I feel blessed to be given this opportunity.
To see how I organize all their books and curriculum please check out my post about my homeschool areas. Also, check out my homeschool bullet journal/ planner.
Leave a Reply